Golf, as most people understand it, is an incredibly difficult sport. One day you can’t miss a fairway, but then you can’t make any putts. The next day it’s the opposite. The game can be cruel.
Golf can also be cruel to your body if you carry your own clubs during a round. Buying a push cart can be a solution to that problem. Often, when I carry my bag throughout a round by the 13th or 14th hole my back starts to flare up and it hurts my golf game. A push cart solves this problem. As someone who suffers from lower back pain, buying a push cart has been an excellent investment.
Instead of lugging your clubs around the course on your back a push cart carries your golf clubs for you and all the golfer has to do is, well, push. Having a push cart on the course solves a lot of potential problems.
If you enjoy walking for a round of golf it makes the walk easier, no stress on your shoulders and back. Most push carts also include several features like a cup holder, ball holders, and scorecard holders so you can focus on your game knowing your belongings are secure.
Luckily, many manufacturers have been producing great, dependable, and stable push carts that will last a long time. Today, we will look at 5 different push carts and their features and decide which one is best.
If you’re looking to get in and get out, here is a quick breakdown of what’s below:
|Weight||20 lbs||17 lbs||18.5 lbs||19 lbs||17 lbs|
|# of Wheels||4||3||4||3||3|
Best Golf Push Carts
1) Caddymatic Golf Quad 4-Wheel Folding Golf Pull/Push Cart – This push cart from Caddymatic will make any golfer satisfied with their purchase because they will have received a durable and reliable push cart. The Caddymatic 4-wheel push cart is a standard 4-wheel push cart with basic features that most push carts have. You will be a satisfied customer if you purchase this push cart. Having four wheels instead of 3 can make a big difference out on the golf course. Some of its features include:
• Contains a 4-wheel base for added stability
• Easily folds to size to fit in your trunk
• Storage includes an umbrella holder, scorecard holder, mesh storage bag, and cup holder
• Push on/push off braking system for easy stoppage
• Lightweight and stable for durability
2) Qwik-Fold 360 Swivel 3 Wheel Push Pull Golf Cart – The Qwik-Fold push cart is a three-wheeled push cart whose main feature is a 360-degree rotating front wheel. This feature is designed to provide excellent turning capabilities. Some of its other features include:
• Bullet system folding technology that includes only 1 step for folding and unfolding the push cart
• Super-strong aircraft-grade aluminum for maximum durability
• Built-in umbrella holder for rainy rounds
• Foot brake system to stop the cart on a dime on any terrain.
Callaway (Editor’s Choice)
3) Callaway Trek Push Cart Trek 4-Wheel Compact Push Cart – The Callaway Trek Push Cart is a 4-wheel compact push cart that is an excellent pish cart at an affordable price. The cart’s best feature is its compact size. It folds easily to a size of 26.5”x 17”x 13.5”, which allows it to fit in almost any size car. Some of its other features include:
• The 4-wheel base for added stability on the golf course
• Adjustable height for personal preference
• Foam covered handle for added comfort and maneuverability
• Rustproof aluminum construction for durability
• Includes a scorecard holder, umbrella holder, and mesh storage bag for golf accessories
• Push on and off the brake for when you stop your golf cart
The Callaway Trek Push Cart and its compact size make it one of the best push carts you can buy for an affordable price. It is reliable, easy to transport, and has many excellent features.
The Tangkula Push Cart is a 3-wheeled push cart with an interesting design feature. The Tangkula has a seat attached to the golf cart which allows the golfer to sit down during a round. Public golf in the United States would never be described as fast as you are often waiting on the group in front of you so having a seat to sit on is a nice touch. It also includes:
• Lightweight build weighing only 19lbs
• 2-foot operated brakes to hold the cart in place
• The wheels are removable allowing for quick storage
• Storage for your scorecard, umbrella, and water bottle
• The stool can be adjusted to different heights for all golfers to use.
The Tangkula is an affordable golf push cart that is very convenient with its stool to sit on. It is significantly larger than some of the other push carts when folded (33”x20”x16.5”) and this could cause some storage problems, but it is nonetheless a great push cart.
Caddymatic (Runner up)
The Caddymatic X-Lite is a great 3-wheeled push cart that is very durable and reliable for a golf push cart. Coming from a trusted manufacturer this push cart is easily foldable and has excellent wheels to help it maneuver around the golf course. Its features include:
• Easy to fold with just the push of a button
• Strong aluminum frame for added durability
• The handle contains scorecards and golf ball holders, as well as a tee and cup holders.
• Folded dimensions of 18 x 16.5 x 30.5in and a weight of only 17lbs making it one of the lightest on the market.
The Caddymatic X-Lite will allow the golfer to stroll around the golf course carefree because it is a reliable push cart that is lightweight and durable.
Features of Golf Push Carts to Look For
Material and Weight
If you’re going to get a push cart, you want to make sure you’re getting one that will last for years to come. Depending on how much golf you plan on doing will help determine how rough and tough of a push cart you’ll need. I for instance like mine to be super light weight.
I have a truck and I’m too lazy to put the tailgate down, and usually just throw the push cart in the back. So lightweight is key to me. That being said, you don’t want something too flimsy, because you could be getting something a little too cheap.
Collapsibility of Push Cart
As I mentioned, I put my golf push cart in the bed of my truck, so I don’t have to worry too much about how small it collapses down to. However, if I’m golfing with a buddy, and they don’t have the ample room I do, then having a push cart that collapses down is convenient.
Also, if you don’t have a truck but put your cart in the trunk of a vehicle, you want to make sure you have a push cart that will fit both your clubs and push cart in the trunk of your vehicle.
Finally, you probably won’t be playing golf all year, so the smaller you can collapse it down, the easier it is for storage in the garage or shed.
Once you get to about 6′ tall, the height of the handle should be considered. Some golf push carts, when unfolded, have a handle that is quite high off the ground, making using the push cart easy.
A comfortable handle that is either rubber or foam will cushion your grip, and prevent your hand from getting too cold when playing outside of summertime.
Wheel Size and Construction
Unless you’re one of the few people that can crush your driver straight down the middle, you’re bound to venture out into the rough. The push carts with smaller wheels are susceptible to gopher holes, and other hazards. Make sure you grab a push cart that can go where your ball can go.
If you opt for rubber tires that need to be pumped up, keep in mind the maintenance that will entail.
For golf cart accessories, the following are things you may want to consider:
- Drink holder
- Golf snack compartment
- Scorecard holder
- Golf Umbrella holder
- Golf ball and tee holder
- Phone compartment/holder
Each push cart has different accessories, so ensure you’re getting one that satisfies your needs.
Runaway golf clubs is funny to watch going down the hill unless it’s your runaway golf clubs. If you’re playing on a slope or just a course with a lot of elevation, keeping your clubs close and preventing them from sliding away is important. A solid brake is something to keep an eye out for.
3 or 4 Wheel
They each come with their advantages and disadvantages. The 3-wheel push carts are easier to swivel around and steering is incredibly easy. What you give up is balance. The 3-wheel carts are a little more susceptible to tipping over, if not carefully handled.
On the flip side, the 4-wheel carts are sturdier, but a little less maneuverable. This shouldn’t be a big concern, because they both are pretty easy on the short cut grass, and the impact won’t be noticed unless you’re in the rough a lot.
Truth be told, any one of these push carts is reliable and will be a good push cart for most golfers. There is one that stands out and it is The Callaway Trek Push Cart. The Callaway Trek has many great features but its compact folding size is what sets it apart. Having a compact pish cart that can fold into a small, compact rectangular shape makes it transporting to and from the golf course simple and easy to manage. It is made from reliable material and is lightweight making it the best choice for your next golf push cart.
Conclusion of Best Golf Push Cart
With technology improving the clubs, the length of the courses are getting a bit longer too, carrying your bags can wear you out. If you enjoy walking 18 holes, having a push cart can make the experience that much more enjoyable. I hope the aforementioned reviews will help you out with your decision.