This just in…it can get dang hot on the course. You can also get caught in a good downpour. And for me, when it gets to be too hot or if I get pretty soaked on the course, the game starts to lose its appeal. Paying good money to be frying out in the sun or to get soaking wet, can be frustrating.
Introduce a good golf umbrella.
Though I seem to find myself hitting from the trees because I can’t seem to hit a consistent fairway shot, I would prefer to catch relief from an umbrella.
What is a Golf Umbrella?
So before I purchased my golf umbrella, I didn’t really know the difference between a regular umbrella and a golf umbrella. Well, this might come as a shock to you, but the difference is pretty minimal. Size and frame are really the only two big practical differences. Some would say things like wind resistance and material type, but I would consider these things pretty minimal. I’m talking practical usage, and size and frame are the two biggest.
Golf Umbrella Size
Golf umbrellas tend to be a bit bigger than a normal one. And depending on if your plan is to cover your bag, clubs, and yourself, you might be talking 65+ inches of cover. Finding the right canopy size can be critical to providing the coverage you need.
Golf Umbrella Frame
The major parts of the umbrella consist of the handle, shaft, and undercarriage. The strength of these three major components can be the difference between an umbrella that collapses with the wind and one that doesn’t.
These days fiberglass golf umbrellas provide great lightweight, durable protection.
I don’t want to add a bunch of superfluous information on this post. I mean an umbrella is an umbrella, there’s just not much to it. So below are some golf umbrellas that should do the trick for you.
Best Umbrellas for Golf
1) G4 Automatic Double Canopy – the G4 starts at 54 inches and goes to 68. Meaning you won’t get caught in the rain with this one. With its sleek all black design, comfortable EVA grip, sturdy frame and auto open mechanism, the G4 Golf Umbrella is perfect for any golfer looking for some protection!
2) BAGAIL 62-Inch Golf Umbrella – this one is used by many golfing professionals due to its durability and effectiveness. It provides coverage for two people. It also uses a double canopy design. This adds strength and flexibility. The solid framework underneath flexes with the wind so that the umbrella keeps its shape. The shaft is made from lightweight fiberglass material and is finished off with a rubber handle. It is an ideal companion for golfers, the business professional, or daily life.
3) Sport-Brella with Clamp – this one is a bit different than the rest. A prominent feature of this one is the SPF 50 protection it ensures. The clamp feature makes it great for pushcarts, strollers, or any bar you want to clamp onto. This frees up both your hands, which is fantastic. A built-in swivel allows you to make adjustments with the sun for ultimate protection. This unique umbrella is great for golf, and many other outdoor adventures.
4) ZOMAKE Golf Umbrella – the Zomake umbrella is similar to the G4 but with the added SPF 50 protection from harmful rays. It comes in a variety of sizes and colors to match your game. The reinforced fiberglass frame makes it long-lasting and durable. You can’t go wrong with this one.
5) Procella Large Golf Umbrella – the final umbrella to make the list is made by Procella. Features include auto-open, very lightweight at under 2.0 pounds, virtually unbreakable, and is a US company founded by golfers. Withstands powerful winds up to 45 mph, so if you’re golfing in this storm, I tip my hat to you. At 53 inches and available in 8 different shades, there’s one available for everyone.
Conclusion of Golf Umbrellas
I consider myself to be a lover of the game, but getting pounded by excessive heat, rain, and harmful UV rays can spoil the fun for me. Some clubs are made of metal and can corrode if left unattended, so a golf umbrella can be a great investment for yourself and your clubs.